Many parents use the baby-led weaning (BLW) approach so that kids can begin feeding themselves. But, of course, as a new parent, it can be challenging to understand what foods to give and where to begin.
So, if you have been looking for BLW lunch ideas 9 months, you are in the right place.
Here is a complete guide to the best twelve easy BLW lunch ideas that will allow your baby to begin their self-feeding journey.
Best 12 Easy Baby-Led Weaning Lunch Ideas 9 – 12 Months
1. Quinoa BLW Recipe
The quinoa BLW recipe is a healthy and easy lunch for your toddler. Here is what you will need:
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- One egg
- ½ cup broccoli (finely chopped)
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- One cup of cooked quinoa
- You can begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees and lining a mini-muffin pan.
- Get a bowl and mix all ingredients in it.
- Pour two tablespoons of the mixture into each cup and press it down.
- Let it bake for twenty minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Let it cool and feed your baby.
2. Sweet Potato BLW Recipe
Sweet potatoes are one of the best foods to begin BLW. You can make a puree and blend it with the milk of your toddlers. You will only require two ingredients for this recipe, including baby’s milk and two sweet potatoes (about five hundred grams).
Here are the steps you must follow for the sweet potato BLW recipe:
- Heat your oven between 180 and 200 degrees.
- Keep the potatoes in a baking tray and let them roast for forty-five minutes.
- Let it cool, and peel off the skin.
- Put it inside a food processor with some baby milk and let it mix until smooth.
- Serve one portion.
- Divide the remaining puree into small containers or freeze them in an ice cube tray for later use.
3. Summer Pesto Finger Salad
The summer pesto finger salad is one of the top BLW lunch ideas 9 months, as it includes healthy vegetables and colors that will attract your baby to the food. Here are the ingredients you will require:
- Two tbsp. pesto
- ¼ cup of tomatoes (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup of corn
- ¼ cup of zucchini
- ½ cup of dry orzo pasta
- Fill a medium saucepan with water, covering 3/4th of the pan.
- Bring the water to boil over high heat.
- Add the dry orzo pasta and let it cook for six minutes.
- Add the zucchini and corn and let it cook for one more minute.
- Drain the pasta and vegetables in a colander and use cold water to rinse.
- Let it cool.
- Transfer the vegetables and pasta to a bowl. Add the tomatoes and pesto and mix it till it’s combined.
- Finally, you can serve it cold or warm.
4. BLW Pumpkin Recipe
This BLW pumpkin recipe is a wholesome soup that your baby will love. Here is what you will need for it:
- One tin of full-fat coconut milk
- Two tbsp. grapeseed oil and plain flour
- Two medium carrots and onions
- ½ medium pumpkin flesh
- Four cloves of garlic
- Three tbsp. grated ginger
- 5 liters of vegetable stock
- One tsp paprika, turmeric, and cumin
- Four sprigs of fresh thyme leaves
- Chop the pumpkins, onions, and carrots, and then heat the grapeseed oil in a large pot.
- Sweat the vegetables till they begin softening, then add ginger and garlic and let them cook for a minute.
- Add flour and stir while cooking over medium heat for ninety seconds.
- Pour the coconut milk and stock, keep stirring to prevent lumps, and add thyme leaves and spices.
- Bring it to a boil and reduce heat to cook for fifteen minutes.
- Use a stick blender and blend until consistency is smooth. You can add more water if need be.
- Finally, you can serve with soft croutons.
5. Avocado Toast Plate
This is a simple avocado toast plate lunch recipe. You have to spread avocado on a whole-grain toast and cut it into strips. After that, sprinkle some hemp seeds and serve with cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, or even sliced melon.
6. Vegetable Muffins
These vegetable muffins have been the top savory BLW lunch ideas 9 months. Here is what you will need:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup milk and grated cheese
- One cup of frozen peas and flour
- One tsp baking powder
- One egg
- One medium grated carrot
- Four thinly sliced spring onions
- A finely chopped bunch of fresh chives
- One clove of crushed garlic
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and add spring onions, baking powder, flour, peas, garlic, chives, and cheese to a bowl and stir.
- Take another bowl and add olive oil, milk, and egg until smooth. After that, pour this into the vegetable bowl and stir until it combines.
- Separate the mixture in muffin cases and bake for at least twenty-five minutes until cooked.
- Store in an airtight container for three to five days or freeze to serve later.
7. Tortilla Melt
If you want to create a quick BLW recipe, you must use this tortilla melt one. You can top some grated cheddar cheese on a whole grain corn or flour tortilla and keep toastint it until the cheese melts. Sprinkle the toast with some diced tomato and serve it in no time.
8. Tortellini On A Stick
Use this tortellini on a stick recipe to make eating fun for your baby. You will need:
- Six to eight wooden skewers
- ½ cup of cooked tortellini and marinara sauce
- ¼ cup of quartered mushrooms, black olives, and cherry tomatoes
- Cut the cherry tomatoes and black olives in half.
- Take a skewer and thread all the ingredients in the order you like.
- Heat the marinara sauce and serve it with the skewer.
9. Polenta BLW Recipe
Your baby will love this polenta BLW recipe and keep wanting more. You will need:
- Olive oil spray
- One cup of instant polenta, thawed frozen peas, and grated cheddar cheese
- Two grams of butter
- ½ cup of milk
- 5 cups of water
- Two hundred fifty grams of diced veggies, such as pumpkin, sweet potato, zucchini, etc.
- Grease and line a 20cm x 30cm slice tin with baking paper.
- Heat butter, milk, and water in a large pan over medium heat till it simmers.
- Whisk in the polenta while cooking for two to three minutes.
- Move it from the heat and stir the vegetables, cheese, and peas. Spread it onto the prepared tin and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Turn the polenta on the board and cut it into fingers.
- Place on a tray and spray with olive oil.
- Bake until it is golden, and serve.
10. Veggie Pizza
This veggie pizza recipe is one of the best BLW recipes you can introduce. First, you have to spread some tomato sauce, which is low in sodium on a whole wheat bread. Then, top it with diced steamed spinach or broccoli.
Toast the pizza until it bubbles. Then, slice the pieces and serve them to your baby.
11. Whole Grain Cheese Crackers
For creating these delicious, whole-grain cheese crackers, you will need:
- Two cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- One to two tbsp. of water or milk
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup butter
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- Place flour, butter, garlic powder, and salt in a food processor and pulse until chunky.
- Add one tbsp. of liquid and turn the processor on again until the dough ball forms.
- Dust the work surface, roll the dough in a ball, and divide it into four.
- Roll each ball in a ½ inch rope.
- Wrap four ropes in a saran wrap and place in the freezer for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray the baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Take out ropes, cut them into ¼ inch slices, place them on the baking sheet, and press a dot in the middle of each cracker with a fork or wooden skewer.
- Bake until golden brown and let it cool.
12 Cheese And Peas Pasta
Finally, you can toss soft-cooked and warm whole wheat rotini with parmesan cheese, ricotta, butter, and soft peas. Serve with fruit, such as mango, melon, or pear. It is an easy cheesy pasta with peas that your baby will love.
These are the BLW lunch ideas 9 months. Follow the recipes you like and let your baby enjoy delicious food in no time.